First Christian Church was first organized on April 15, 1956 in the Pompano Beach Chamber of Commerce Building. The permanent home was later built at the present site and occupied on June 28, 1957. Additional land was purchased and the present worship auditorium was constructed and dedicated on May 13, 1962. More Sunday School classes where added and the founding of First Christian Day School in 1967. The Day School has been a ministry of the church for the past 40 years and is regularly awarded the Gold Seal of Excellence by Broward County. In 2006 the church celebrated 50 years of service.